Logan Sullivan
Mrs. Wagener
AP English Lit.
12th August
2013
Philosophy
Philosophy has been a part of human’s lives for many
years. Although philosophy is about exploring the mind and solving answers to
questions that never get brought, some questions just are not that easy to
comprehend such as the origin of human life. Whether it is from a philosophical
stand point or from the view of religious faith, the question of existence is
never a question easily answered.
In most cases, the philosophers in Sophie’s World did not really appear to be intuitive. It seemed as
if every philosopher were more concerned about trying to spread their own
thoughts and ideas rather than listening to the world around, taking in information,
and coming up with a more logical conclusion. Selfishness seemed to be very
apparent with most philosophers, and even if they were not, that was how they
appeared to be. One person that did not show these characteristics was
Socrates. He, on the other hand, asked questions until he came up with the
right solution. But even Socrates ended up the same, by not proving any of his
conclusions or theories with proof; he ended up disregarding the knowledge of
everyone else because it contradicted what his own thoughts were. Philosophy
has been proven a useful inquiry, but it is frustrated and sometimes annoying
to see the selfishness within it.
Coming to the question of where I am in regards to the
rabbit fur, I spoke to a classmate who shares the same beliefs as me. It was
agreed that the question about the rabbit fur meant to whether or not we wanted
to shell ourselves within the fur and our own ignorance and not be exposed to
the outside world, or quest for knowledge and come to the top to be exposed by
everything else in the world. To most people, this is a linear question, with a
simple answer to a simple path, but for me that is not the case. I love
knowledge, finding information about new things, understanding how unknown
objects work, and being able to say I know the answer intrigues me. But my faith
and relationship with God gives me answers to many things, such as the Earth’s
origin and the entire universe. Those answers I truly believe happened,
therefore there is no point in coming up out of the rabbit’s fur, I am
perfectly fine nesting within the base of the fur. Science answers questions to
many things that are a part of our lives and in most cases that is the most
logical way to find one’s answers, but with questions that concern my faith and
what will be my future, I turn toward my Creator.
No comments:
Post a Comment